Friday 13 July 2018

Twins Triathlon!

Many congratulations to Imogen and Ayla who competed in the Derby Junior Triathlon....

'On the 8th July I did the Derby Triathlon. Even though I had a stomach ache in the morning I was still willing to race. My number on my race belt was 108 and the same on my bike. As well as that, Mr Turner even came to watch as my knees shaked when the nerves and head and stomach ache hit me again.
As I lined up to start my swim the lady counted down from ten then blew the whistle. As I swam I released I was first in my group. We had to swim 10 lengths and I came out first. After the swim came the bike but I lost 20 seconds because I couldn't find my bike!
After I found it, I saw that most of my group had overtaken me so I cycled as fast as I could. We then had to go down a very steep hill. Then soon enough I had to go up the hill. I changed my gears into an easy one to get up it and I did. After doing that four more times I started to feel very, very sick.
The I went into transition so I got off my bike and racked it up so then I had a minute to get my breath because I felt terrible. Then I ran and ran. After a while I felt s bad I could not breath at all. I took some water to clear up my throat. Then after three laps of a long run I saw the finish line and I sprinted as if it was to save my life. Then my race was over!'
Imogen

'Yet again it was another extraordinary experience to do my fourth triathlon. I couldn't be more proud of beating my sister! Before the race Mr Turner came to watch me. I was excited that a teacher  actually came to watch me do the Derby Triathlon. The more I waited for my name to be called for the swim, the more I got nervous. finally it was called and I was in the furthest lane by the exit door I had to run out of. 10 lengths (250 meters) ended but I had to stop half way though but I still did come first. I ran as fast as I could out of the pool to get into the transition. I put my trainers and helmet on and got my bike off the rack. All I could hear was "Come on Ayla, you can do it" from Mr Turner. It was cool on the bike because I saw Imogen. I was a lap in front because I started before. After 4 laps on the bike i had to go up a massive hill. I did it in no time and went though a tennis court to dismount off my bike. The running was the hardest because I'd just been on the bike. I gave it my all and ran as fast as I could. I got three bands so I ran down the finish line as fast as my legs would go and I finished the race. It was a great experience and I loved it!'.'
Ayla